THE IMPORTANCE OF SUPPORT SYSTEMS
FROM THE AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION:
Enlisting family and friends in your weight loss effort may help, research suggests.
According to one study, participants who enrolled in a weight-loss program with friends did a better job of keeping their weight off.
In addition to teaming up with friends, these enrollees were given social support
in addition to the standard program.
Two-thirds of those who enrolled with friends had kept their weight off six months after the meetings ended. In contrast, only a quarter of those who attended
on their own had achieved that same success.
JOIN OUR PRIVATE FB GROUP
Our private FB group can be that support system of friends that is so important to attaining AND MAINTAINING your goals. We encourage you to post something positive each day - to hold you accountable. You with water, on a walk, with your supplements, or writing in your journal.
You can also post your setbacks and frustrations; we're all there for you.
All of our coaches are also on that group, too - and monitor it for questions.
So you have a team available to answer your questions. (HOW COOL RIGHT?)
In order for me to invite you - you'll need you to either be Melisa's friend on FB or your coach can invite you.
Melisa's FB page:
The group is secret - so people can't see your posts.
If you coach invited you - you will need to accept the invite.
Week 1 - Detox
with Melisa Mistler
From this weeks to-do list:
1. Take your before photos.
You do not need to share the photos with the group - but let us know you took them. Send photos to your coach!
(many times TLS will give prizes for great before and after photos - so you should expect success and do this.)
Watch the video in the circle for 5 great tips on taking these photos.
2. "Measure in" using the printable sheet below, add your measurements to your journal, and send them to your coach.
3. READ pages 15-17 on detox and fill in your goals and personal stats on pages 12-13. If you didn't do this last week, POST a photo of your filled-in goals page (pg 12) in our FB group!
4. Watch the two videos on detox
5. Begin the detox food plan, and start using your Jumpstart Kit
- without the detox kit box, that's next week.
6. Complete your journal pages, starting on page 44
(use our "Week 1" downloads if yours hasn't arrived yet)
7. READ or print out "Detox Details" (in the printable docs below) and watch the Detox Video in the circle.
8. Sign and print the waiver below, and either give to your coach, take a photo and email to your coach, or drop off at M3 Mall.
9. Connect with us: post a photo a day of something you did positive or any questions you have
Our private facebook group link is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/176879256140149/
Looking to next week
Be sure to bring your filled-in Journal to class!
Here's the information for next Monday's call
(we will also be live at M3 Mall)
Monday, 10/5, 6pm - at M3 Mall or via zoom.