Updated: Sep 22, 2020
Hallo there, healthy eaters!
Want an all natural immune boost you can make at home? Try this!
Alison, here, with another favorite health-boosting recipe.
This one is a health tonic, and it takes awhile to make-
it has to sit for a couple weeks before you use it.
But it's spicy and tangy and sweet and packed with immune-boosting POWER!
Take some every day, when you feel that "tickle" in your throat, during times of stress or poor sleep,
before during and after air travel, or any time you've been out and about and feel "compromised".
It WILL kill any lingering germs in the back of your throat on contact before making its into your body to boost your immune system.
Health Tonic and Delicious Natural Remedy
• 1 large horseradish root scrubbed very well, about 7 inches long
• 1 large ginger root about 7 inches long
• 1 large onion root and stem end removed and peeled
• 1 large orange do NOT peel. Use the whole fruit.
• 1 lemon do NOT peel. Use the whole fruit.
• 16 cloves of garlic peeled
• 2-4 habanero peppers stems removed
• 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
• raw apple cider vinegar
• raw honey
• Grate the horseradish and ginger roots.
• Roughly chop the onions, orange, lemon, garlic, and habanero peppers.
• Stuff them into a half-gallon glass jar with a tight fitting lid,
or divide evenly between two quart sized canning jars.
• Sprinkle the turmeric in on top (dividing evenly between the two jars if using quart jars).
• Pour the raw apple cider vinegar in over the contents, allowing it to settle in through the crevices and adding more so that the contents are submerged.
• Lay a piece of parchment paper over the rim of the jar, then screw the lid tightly in place.
(this will keep the acid in the vinegar from corroding your lid)
• Let the mixture sit in a dark, cool place, allowing it to marry and infuse for 4 weeks,
shaking once daily.
• After 4 weeks, pour the contents into a muslin or cheesecloth lined colander,
positioned over a stable pot.
• Let it drain for 30 minutes, then gather the corners of the cloth, twisting and squeezing until you cannot release any more liquid.
• When it's fully strained, add honey to the liquid to taste and pour into a sterilized wine bottle or canning jar.
• Store in a cool, dark place for up to a year, shaking well before using.
What a crazy time it's been! How has your health and wellbeing fared?
Are you feeling groggy, foggy, puffy, cranky, achy, sleepy, and/or sleepless?
Has your weight dropped, or have you put on a few extra "quarantine pounds"?
All this stress, uncertainty, and abrupt change to our routines has been BRUTAL on our bodies!
Are you ready for an attainable, sustainable LIFESTYLE SHIFT? Whether you're looking to swap excess fat for lean muscle, lower your blood sugar, feel more energized and focused, or just have the stamina to enjoy your favorite activities again, here's a program that can guide you to your goals:
We are very excited to announce a new, FREE fitness, wellness, and accountability group class.
We have 6 weeks - each with its own topic - and 5 coaches.
Over this FREE six week course - you'll learn to transform your lifestyle by developing a few new habits and changing some old ones. Our five coaches will guide you through:
• Getting Started & Journaling
• The Importance of Starting With a Cleanse
• Low Glycemic Eating
• Reading Labels
• Smart Supplementation
As well as look at sleep, drinking water, tips for eating out, hormones, and more.
Each 90 minute class will include a video presentation, live instruction from one of our coaches, Q&A, and personal accountability.
Would you like to join us? You have the option for LIMITED in person seating in the shop, or live via zoom (10 spots available).
Reservations and commitment for the "in-person" seats are needed.
IF you are not FULLY ready to commit - make a serious effort to attend every Monday in the 6-week course - then please sign up for the zoom call, instead.